Every fortnight we have a fun new theme with props and music to keep the children excited for their next adventure in the gym. We access all apparatus areas within the club throughout the term and encourage the children to learn at a pace that is unique to them.
What is Kindergym?
Kindergym classes run Monday – Saturday mornings. Please contact the office for more specific timing.
- a positive movement experience that can influence your child’s outlook on physical activity,
- it will assist in the development of your child socially, emotionally, cognitively, and physically by providing a structured multi sensory environment,
- provision of an environment where your child can explore and practice skills safely, whilst developing confidence and self esteem.
- creates a fun environment where your child and caregiver can play together.
Your child will learn through the observation of others and the challenges laid out in the gym environment. We tailor our program to emphasise:
- developing a child’s self esteem and self confidence
- a safe but challenging environment
- appropriate equipment set up with variety and change
- a non-competitive, relaxed and friendly approach
- consideration in the development of each child and making provisions within the program.
In our Kindergym program your child will experience the ability to take instruction, improved gross and fine motor skills, improved spatial awareness, trust, cooperation and communication, the freedom to explore and discipline in the way of taking turns and sharing.
Kindergym Themes Term 4, 2018
Week 1 & 2: Insects
Week 3 & 4: Pirates
Week 5 & 6: Camping
Week 7 & 8: Science & Technology
Week 9 & 10: Christmas