Gymnastics is about learning to move, develop skills and self confidence as well as staying physically active. It is also mentally challenging yourself to try new things. It contributes to personal health, fitness and well-being. Here at Woden Valley Gymnastics Club our focus is fundamentals, fitness, friendship and fun.
Woden Valley Gymnastics Club offers a wide variety of activities, programs, events and competitions suitable for all genders, age groups and abilities. We have structured our programs to cater for those who have no gymnastics experience right up to elite level athletes. Whether you are looking for a competetive program or something just to stay fit and have fun, Woden Valley Gymnastics has a program to suit.
Term 3: Thursdays 8-9:30pm $15 for current club members $25 for non-members – to become a member we are offering a reduced 2018 insurance rate of $60
Development Squad (Pre-Levels)
WAG Development training is a stepping stone towards a National Gymnastics stream. WAG consists of: Beam, Bars, Floor, and Vault – Development training focuses on the basic skills, coordination and strength elements for these apparatus. Body shapes, flexibility, dance/posture, spatial awareness, power, balance and concentration are also focus points for WAG Development. Each gymnast will have their strengths and weaknesses and all will progress at different rates. While skills and strength are essential components of training, the girls enjoy games, free play and social interactions with gymnasts their own age as well. Development Squad trains on Saturday’s from 10:00 am-11:30 am and Thursdays 3:45pm-5:15pm – the gymnasts must wear the compulsory training leotard (can be purchased in the Office). Development training is an invitation only class. Selection in to this training group does not automatically guarantee a place in a National Squad in future. For enquiries regarding the Development Squad please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Enable Gym (Special Needs Program)
Enable Gym is a program designed to help children and young adults with special needs The benefits of Enable Gym include:
- opportunities to work on other skills, including paying attention, making eye contact, etc.
- provision of sensory-motor experiences
- improvement of coordination skills
- building confidence and self esteem
- altering and affecting muscle tone
- improving balance
- strengthening muscle groups
- increasing exercise tolerance
- improving communication skills
- provision of social and group participation
- improvement of body and spatial awareness
- fun and enjoyment
- safe and quiet environment
Class Schedule: Weekday afternoons from 2.15pm until 4.00pm, bookings required Classes: One-on-one, Small group, Potential progression to group classes For any further enquiries regarding Enable Gym please contact Naomi on 6287 4121 or email: email@example.com
Groove & Move (50 years+)
Gymnastics for All (Rec. Gymnastics)
Our junior program strives to increase sport participation, develop children’s fundamental movement skills and all-round physical and brain development. More info…
Club Levels (Competitive Recreational Classes)
The WAG Club Levels Program is a semi-competitive recreational stream within Woden Valley Gymnastics Club that looks after gymnasts who have reached Level 5 – 10 after completing our Gymnastics for all LaunchPad Program. More info…
Performance Team is a way all gymnasts are able to showcase there talent in a group atmosphere. Performance Team is a gymnastics performance incorporating any style and combination of gymnastics and dance. Gymnastics skills, Acrobatics and dance are choreographed and creatively arranged with or without music and using any large or hand held apparatus or no equipment at all. More info…
Free G / Tumbling (Gymnastics Australia’s Parkour Program)
Gym for Schools
Woden Valley Gymnastics Club will provide curriculum based gymnastics programs for your school. We incorporate the Gymnastics Australia LauchPad philosophy of Fun, Fitness, Friendship and Fundamentals while focusing on neuro-nastics, visual tracking, crossing the mid-line, rhythm and stimulating the vestibular system. The programs are fun challenging and oriented to a child’s growth and development with all levels of fitness and ability. We cater for all age groups and abilities, from early childhood to Year 12, including special needs groups. We provide qualified, enthusiastic and experienced coaches. We can come to you or you can come to us at our modern and fully equipped facility. Our programs involve games, circuits and challenges which are skill focused and can be adapted to the needs of the individual group. The program is inclusive and covers skills from the basic foundations progressing through to the more complex. More info…
Meet new friends, have fun, stay fit, while learning the fundamentals of Gymnastics. Experience the fun and challenges of gymnastics. WVGC caters for all ages and all abilities. Fully qualified and enthusiastic coaches & a great, safe venue. More info…
Kindergym is a movement program for children from 9 months to 5 years of age and their caregiver. It is a program designed to develop the whole child – socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically, in a safe, structured, multi-sensory environment. More info… Every fortnight we have a fun new theme with props and music to keep the children excited for their next adventure in the gym. We access all apparatus areas within the club throughout the term and encourage the children to learn at a pace that is unique to them. More info…
National MAG Program
For boys Men’s Artistic Gymnastics (MAG) is aimed at preparing boys to gain selection in higher level ACT Teams that represent the ACT at National Championships each year. From here they may aim to gain selection in Australian Teams to go to World Championships, Commonwealth Games, the Olympic Games and a wide range of other international events. This means that those boys who want to work in the competitive streams need to start work early in order to master the skills and techniques on all six of the competitive apparatus, namely, Floor, Pommel Horse, Rings, Vault, Parallel Bars and Horizontal Bar. In the early stages they also work on Mushroom so that they learning the technique to do circles on Pommel. More info…
National WAG Program
Acrobatic Gymnastics (nicknamed “Acro”) is a competitive gymnastic discipline where partnerships of gymnasts work together and perform routines consisting of acrobatic moves, dance and tumbling, set to music. Gymnasts perform three routines; a ‘balance’ routine where the focus is on strength, poise and flexibility; a ‘dynamic’ routine which includes throws, somersaults and catches, and (level 6 and above) a ‘combined’ routine which includes elements from balance and dynamic. The different partnerships seen in acrobatics are
- women’s pair (two females)
- men’s pair (two males)
- mixed pair (a male base and a female top)
- women’s group (three females)
- men’s group (four males)
For any enquiries regarding the Acrobatics program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Trampoline Gymnastics is the perfect sport for bold high-flyers or for those who want to learn how to jump, sault and twist safely. Whether you bounce on the trampoline or launch yourself from the double mini trampoline the fundamental skills are the same and lead to an amazing awareness of where your body is in space. Trampoline Gymnastics
- develops confident body movement, both on and off the ground
- builds strength and prepares the body for challenges in life.
- challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
- develops posture and agility, including the ability to land safely.
- is a fun way to develop incredible spatial awareness
- improves coordination, strength, balance and flexibility
- is inclusive of all levels of fitness, ability and capability.
Class Timetable & Fees
Timetable and Fees for Term 1 2018
These prices are for a full term. If you join mid way through the term, fees will be prorated.
- Outstanding fees are due by commencement of the 1st class unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Refunds are only given due to medical reasons, a medical certificate must be provided. Refunds will not be given for change of mind or other circumstances.
- Family discounts are; 10% for the 2nd child, 20% for the 3rd child and 30% for the 4th child. The reduction is applied to the child with the lesser value tuition fees.
PLEASE NOTE: Your child’s enrolment in a class does not roll over to the next term. Enrolments to existing gymnasts will open in Week 8. Please book in early to secure your place. Payment in full is required to secure your child’s place in the class.
- Beginner classes become available to children once they begin attending Kindergarten.
- Trampoline is 7+ years (5-6 years may be taken after an assessment by the program manager)
- All fees include GST and are for a 10 week term.
- Fees are not refundable.
- Fees will be discounted for late starters.
- Up to two make-up classes may be done during the current term, bookings essential.
- Re-enrolments for the following term are taken from Week 8 and payment in full is required at time of booking.
- New enrolments will be taken from Week 10. Fees must be paid at the time of booking.
- Class numbers are capped and a waiting list is available.
- Special needs classes – Available for booking 2:30pm- 4:00pm Monday to Friday. Subject to availability.
- Performance Team conditions – must be enrolled in another class at Woden Valley and family must work on Saturday BBQ once per term.
- Family Term Discounts (per child): 2nd – 10%; 3rd – 20%; 4th – 30%
- GA/GACT/CLUB REGISTRATION & INSURANCE FEE $100.00 per annum (no discount) – Adult Gym Insurance is included in session fees.
Gymnastics For All
2018 Term dates
Term 1: Mon 5 Feb – Sat 14 Apr
Term 2: Wed 30 Apr – Sat 7 Jul
Term 3: Mon 23 Jul – Sat 29 Sept
Term 4: Mon 15 Oct – Sat 22 Dec
- A $100.00 per annum (no discount) applies for each child to cover Registration and Insurance with Gymnastics Australia and ACT Gymnastics (including adult gym). This is normally charged at the start of each year or as you commence throughout the year.
- Competition Fees are charged closer to competition times, your child will receive a note to advise them of an upcoming competition.
Make Up Lessons
If your child is sick or absent from a class, up to two classes can be made up, where possible, with another class within that term. Please note we require that you email or call the gym prior to your child being absent.
If your child’s class falls on a public holiday, you can have an additional make up class within the term or request a credit for the class.