Woden Valley Gymnastics Club offers a wide variety of activities, programs, events and competitions suitable for all genders, age groups and abilities. We have structured our programs to cater for those who have no gymnastics experience right up to competitive level athletes. Whether you are looking for a competetive program or something just to stay fit and have fun, Woden Valley Gymnastics has a program to suit.
Thursdays 8-9:30pm $15 for current club members $25 for non-members. To become a member you need to pay the annual Registration and Insurance fee with Gymnastics Australia for $100.
The Development Squad training is a stepping stone towards a National Gymnastics stream. Development training focuses on the basic skills, coordination and strength elements for these apparatus. Body shapes, flexibility, dance/posture, spatial awareness, power, balance and concentration are also focus points for the Development Squads. Each gymnast will have their strengths and weaknesses and all will progress at different rates. While skills and strength are essential components of training, the children enjoy games, free play and social interactions with gymnasts their own age as well. Development Squad trains on Saturday’s from 10:00 am-11:30 am and Thursdays 3:45pm-5:15pm – the gymnasts must wear the compulsory training uniform (can be purchased in the Office). Development training is an invitation only class. Selection in to this training group does not automatically guarantee a place in a National Squad in future. For enquiries regarding the Development Squad please contact email@example.com
- opportunities to work on other skills, including paying attention, making eye contact, etc.
- provision of sensory-motor experiences
- improvement of coordination skills
- building confidence and self esteem
- altering and affecting muscle tone
- improving balance
- strengthening muscle groups
- increasing exercise tolerance
- improving communication skills
- provision of social and group participation
- improvement of body and spatial awareness
- fun and enjoyment
- safe and quiet environment
Class Schedule: Weekday afternoons from 2.15pm until 4.00pm, bookings required Classes: One-on-one, Small group, Potential progression to group classes For any further enquiries regarding Enable Gym please contact Naomi on 6287 4121 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our junior program strives to increase sport participation, develop children’s fundamental movement skills and all-round physical and brain development. More info…
Club Levels (Competitive Recreational Classes)
The WAG Club Levels Program is a semi-competitive recreational stream within Woden Valley Gymnastics Club that looks after gymnasts who have reached Level 5 – 10 after completing our Gymnastics for all LaunchPad Program. More info…
Performance Team is a way all gymnasts are able to showcase their talent in a group atmosphere. Performance Team is a gymnastics performance incorporating any style and combination of gymnastics and dance. Gymnastics skills, Acrobatics and dance are choreographed and creatively arranged with or without music and using any large or hand held apparatus or no equipment at all. More info…
Free G / Tumbling (Gymnastics Australia’s Parkour Program)
Woden Valley Gymnastics Club can provide curriculum based gymnastics programs for your school. We incorporate the Gymnastics Australia LauchPad philosophy of Fun, Fitness, Friendship and Fundamentals while focusing on neuro-nastics, visual tracking, crossing the mid-line, rhythm and stimulating the vestibular system. The programs are fun, challenging, and oriented to a child’s growth and development with all levels of fitness and ability. We cater for all age groups and abilities, from early childhood to Year 12, including special needs groups. We provide qualified, enthusiastic and experienced coaches. We can either come to you or you can come to us at our modern and fully equipped facility. Our programs involve games, circuits and challenges which are skill focused and can be adapted to the needs of the individual group. The program is inclusive and covers skills from the basic foundations progressing through to the more complex. More info…
For boys Men’s Artistic Gymnastics (MAG) is aimed at preparing boys to gain selection in higher level ACT Teams that represent the ACT at National Championships each year. This means that those boys who want to work in the competitive streams need to start work early in order to master the skills and techniques on all six of the competitive apparatus, namely, Floor, Pommel Horse, Rings, Vault, Parallel Bars and Horizontal Bar. In the early stages they also work on Mushroom so that they learning the technique to do circles on Pommel. More info…
- women’s pair (two females)
- men’s pair (two males)
- mixed pair (a male base and a female top)
- women’s group (three females)
- men’s group (four males)
For any enquiries regarding the Acrobatics program please contact email@example.com
- develops confident body movement, both on and off the ground
- builds strength and prepares the body for challenges in life.
- challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
- develops posture and agility, including the ability to land safely.
- is a fun way to develop incredible spatial awareness
- improves coordination, strength, balance and flexibility
- is inclusive of all levels of fitness, ability and capability.
PLEASE NOTE: Your child’s enrolment in a class does not roll over to the next term. Enrolments to existing gymnasts will open in Week 8. Please book in early to secure your place. Payment in full is required to secure your child’s place in the class.
- Beginner classes become available to children once they begin attending Kindergarten.
- Trampoline is 7+ years (5-6 years may be taken after an assessment by the program manager)
- All fees include GST and are for a 10 week term.
- Fees are not refundable.
- Fees will be discounted for late starters.
- Up to two make-up classes may be done during the current term, bookings essential.
- Re-enrolments for the following term are taken from Week 8 and payment in full is required at time of booking.
- New enrolments will be taken from Week 10. Fees must be paid at the time of booking.
- Class numbers are capped and a waiting list is available.
- Special needs classes – Available for booking 2:30pm- 4:00pm Monday to Friday. Subject to availability.
- Performance Team conditions – must be enrolled in another class at Woden Valley and family must work on Saturday BBQ once per term.
- Family Term Discounts (per child): 2nd – 10%; 3rd – 20%; 4th – 30%
- GA/GACT/CLUB REGISTRATION & INSURANCE FEE $100.00 per annum.
Gymnastics For All
2019 Term dates
Term 1: Mon 4 Feb – Sat 13 Apr
Term 2: Mon 29 Apr – Sat 6 Jul
Term 3: Mon 22 Jul – Sat 28 Sept
Term 4: Mon 14 Oct – Sat 21 Dec
- A $100.00 per annum (discounted at the end of the year) applies for each child to cover Registration and Insurance with Gymnastics Australia and ACT Gymnastics (including Adult Gym). This is normally charged at the start of each year or as you commence throughout the year to cover until the end of the calendar year.
- Competition Fees are charged closer to competition times, your child will receive a note to advise them of an upcoming competition.
Make Up Lessons
If your child is sick or absent from a class, up to two classes can be made up, where possible, with another class within that term. Please note we require that you email or call the gym prior to your child being absent.