COVID Safe Information
Woden Valley Gymnastics COVID Safe Plan
The ACT Government has developed a ‘Return to Play in a Covid Safe Environment Plan’ to facilitate indoor sport. Through this plan all members of the WVGC community are made aware of their personal responsibility to comply with current requirements to ensure the safety of everyone within our Club and our wider community.
This plan has been developed referencing ACT Government directives along with the following reference documents:
• ACT Government Return to Play in a COVID-SAFE Environment framework
• National Principles for the Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activity
• AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment
• Gymnastics Australia Rebooting Gymnastics Factsheets
• General factsheets and information from ACT Health.
This plan will remain flexible and will be adapted when restrictions are changed over the short and long term.
Conditions of Entry to Our Facility:
Entering our facility implies acceptance of these conditions. It is the responsibility of all adults involved with our Club to have read this plan to ensure the safety of everyone.
Commencement of Classes:
WVGC will constantly monitor and follow ACT Government directives regarding restrictions relating to the operation of indoor sports. Changes will be made at any time there is a change in the directions from ACT Health and we ask for your continued support and patience. Should tighter restrictions be reintroduced, decisions about the operation of classes will be communicated to families as soon as possible.
What is your role?
Gymnasts – always follow all directions from WVGC staff/coaches .
Adults – know and follow the guidelines and conditions listed within this plan at all times. Ensure any unaccompanied children accessing our facility have read (or been spoken to about) the information in this plan.
Staff - know and follow the guidelines and conditions listed within this plan at all times.
Do not attend our facility if:
• You, your child or anyone in your immediate family is not well. This includes any cold or flu like symptoms (runny nose, fever, cough etc) and/ or gastro symptoms. Please stay at home and rest. We offer 2 make up lessons per perm for our Kindergym and GfA Levels students.
WVGC reserves the right to remove any person that displays any symptoms of illness or who discloses that they have recently had contact with a person that has tested just positive to COVID-19.
Procedures for Coming to Class:
These procedures apply to ALL members of WVGC and their associated visitors.
• Gymnasts must use sanitiser on arrival, when directed by a coach, after using the bathroom and anytime they leave and return to the gym floor.
• Bring a clearly labelled drink bottle. Parents are welcome to access the kitchen to fill up water bottles, gymnast must be accompanied by an adult or a coach to access the kitchen.
What we will do to provide a COVID Safe Environment at WVGC:
• Alcohol based sanitiser will be provided to all people entering our facility and gymnasts will be directed to use sanitiser anytime they
have exited the gym floor. Sanitising stations are located at gym floor entrances.
• Regular cleaning will be done in our high traffic areas and high touch equipment noting that some equipment cannot be washed down due to the nature of the materials it is made from. Regular sanitising is our best protection in a gymnastics environment.
• WVGC asks that all families involved with our club to check in with the Check In CBR app, all adults that enter our building must scan in every time they enter the building. If you do not have a compatible device, please see a staff member.
• WVGC will maintain accurate attendance records for all classes.